Wednesday, 9 April 2014

Hello there again.
I am ready to complain again!
So I am awfully tired of something...
and that something is when people on facebook send out an invite to literally hundreds of their facebook 'friends' announcing that they are leaving on some adventure and that they are having a going away party that they 'hope you all can come and party and say bye and send me off in style".
This 'party' usually takes places at the busiest, most popular bar in town... on a Friday or Saturday night. Why does this rattle my cage so much?
A) guaranteed 90% of the friends they've invited... don't really care/ won't bat an eye when that person 'leaves'
B) If people are there, its usually because the are already planning on being at that bar !
C) If they are really your friends.... and the people who truly value your friendship, THEY'LL BE THERE
...... It also leaves me feeling like people think that when they 'leave' (which usually involves coming back 8-10 months later).. that the rest of the world goes on hold. In my experience whenever anyone has announced their planned absence for that long.... and they do indeed go, and come back. IT FEELS LIKE 2 WEEKS IN MY LIFE! Perhaps people are just as busy as you? or perhaps even busier!? Unfortunately adventurers... the world keeps spinning... even when your on your "AMAZING JOURNEY THROUGH EASTERN ASIA!"

Am I bitter ...yes.... I need a vacation....
in fact im going away in 2 weeks to B.C!!!
AND I WANT YOU ALL TO COME SEND ME OFF I STYLE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment